Agriculture is one of Oklahoma’s economic mainstays. We have a robust and diverse farm economy across 77 counties in Oklahoma. With over 78,000 farms in Oklahoma, agriculture contributes over $42 billion in output of economic activity in our state and employs over 300,000 people. Our state’s farmers and ranchers produce food and fiber for millions of people worldwide. The following are policies I support to preserve and promote Oklahoma’s agriculture industry:
- Diversifying our economy by placing an emphasis on recruiting businesses to Oklahoma that can add value to our commodities produced right here in Oklahoma.
- Becoming Top Ten in infrastructure and government efficiency, a goal which will include making sure our county officials have the resources they need to complete rural infrastructure projects.
- Improving access to rural healthcare by cutting government red tape, giving healthcare professionals more flexibility and recruiting doctors and nurses to rural areas.
- Protecting private property rights and landowner’s rights.
- Protecting farmers and ranchers from out of state animal rights groups, as no one raises food and fiber better than Oklahoma’s agriculturists.
Learn more about our Farmers and Ranchers for Stitt committee by clicking here.