The success of state agencies shouldn’t be just about bigger budgets. Success is when the state consistently delivers core service to Oklahomans in a cost-effective, efficient manner. Without line-item budgeting, it’s impossible to know which agencies steward their resources well, which is why I will fight for accountability and transparency. I will implement and standardize audits and hold each agency accountable for how our tax dollars are spent, just like I have done in the private sector the last 19 years.
- Reduce and streamline the 400 agencies, boards, and commissions.
- Give the governor more accountability to fire underperforming agency leaders that are in appointed positions.
- Audit all agencies, establish performance metrics for each agency and hold the agency heads and board members accountable for meeting goals that move us toward being a Top Ten state.
- Budget all state funds. Currently, much of the budget is untouchable by the Legislature. It is time every state agency is held accountable and transparency is enforced.
- Require a line item budget. Currently, the General Appropriations bill gives more than 80 state agencies a big chunk of money. It is hard for the Legislature or the public to see how the money will be used. A line item budget will allow the public to see the spending and for elected officials to more effectively eliminate wasteful spending.