Agriculture is one of Oklahoma’s economic mainstays. We have a robust and diverse farm economy across 77 counties in Oklahoma. With over 78,000 farms in Oklahoma, agriculture contributes over $42 billion in output of economic activity in our state and employs over 300,000 people. Our state’s farmers and ranchers produce food and fiber for millions of people worldwide. Oklahoma must set policy and communicate a vision that opens more doors for our agriculture industry to compete in the national and international marketplace and that ensures core needs are met for those who are creating jobs and making a living in the rural portions of our state.
We are farmers, ranchers and agriculturists across Oklahoma who believe Kevin Stitt will be the leader rural Oklahoma and those in agriculture need to lead our state to be Top Ten! Kevin knows and understands our daily lives; his family has been in the dairy business in Skiatook, and he currently owns a small ranch on the edge of Jenks where they run cattle and own various other livestock. Kevin’s plan for Oklahoma can be found at www.stittforgovernor.com/issues
As farmers and ranchers, we will work with Kevin Stitt to support his following policies and priorities that are favorable to our industry:
- Preserving the agriculture sales tax exemption on inputs, which reflect market practices of surround states with similar exemptions.
- Diversifying our economy and placing an emphasis on recruiting businesses to Oklahoma that can add value to our commodities produced right here in Oklahoma.
- Becoming Top Ten in infrastructure and government efficiency, a goal which will include making sure our county officials have the resources they need to complete rural infrastructure projects.
- Improving access to rural healthcare by cutting government red tape, giving healthcare professionals more flexibility and recruiting doctors and nurses to rural areas.
- Protecting the 60% threshold for ad valorem tax bonds.
- Protecting private property rights and landowner’s rights.
- Protecting farmers and ranchers from out of state animal rights groups, as no one raises food and fiber better than Oklahoma’s agriculturists.
It will take all of us working together to help Oklahoma take its rightful place as a Top Ten state, and we are committed to working alongside Kevin in this vision.
Oklahoma Farmers & Ranchers for Stitt include:
Larry & Patty DeWitt
Fred A. Chapman
Senator Casey Murdock
Sage & Charlotte Oakley
Zac & Brook Kunneman
Tyson & Kaci Heibert
Greg & Pam Livingston
Tyler & Loryn Schnaithman
Senator Lonnie Paxton
Keith & Charlcy Plummer
Eric & Traci Chapman
Fred IV & Morgan Chapman
Josh & Kim Emerson
Blake & Baylie Rea
Will & Jennifer Cubbage
Ben & Tina Falcon
Roger Mills County
Joshua and Ashley Haven
Jim & Dallas Mayer
Tyler & Stephanie Peck
Nocona & Jordan Cook
Lee Vanderwork Family