OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. (October 12, 2018) — Congressman Frank Lucas (CD-3) announced his endorsement of Kevin Stitt for Governor today:
“I am proud to endorse Kevin Stitt for Governor of Oklahoma,” said Congressman Frank Lucas. “We need a Governor that will work with President Trump to grow our state’s economy and recruit businesses to our state during this rise in our national economy. Kevin’s business experience and proven leadership make him the candidate for the job. As a fellow Oklahoman, father and Christian we cannot leave this election up to chance.
“As a Congressman from rural Oklahoma, I look for a candidate that is willing to listen to the needs of our neighbors in rural Oklahoma along with those cities across Oklahoma that have very different needs. In my discussion with Mr. Stitt it is evident he is bright leader that wants to work across party lines to lead Oklahoma to be Top 10 and represent all 4 million Oklahomans. He has a detailed plan to move the needle on big issues affecting all Oklahomans.
“When it comes to one of my true passions – agriculture, there is no doubt that Kevin Stitt will serve our state well in this regard. He has sought advice and secured endorsements from the state’s leading agriculture organizations and numerous farmers and ranchers across Oklahoma. As former chairman of the House Agriculture Committee, I intend to work with Kevin in bringing in new trade partners as we build upon our already robust agriculture economy.”
“I am honored to have the endorsement of Congressman Frank Lucas,” said Kevin Stitt. “Congressman Lucas has served as a champion of rural Oklahoma over the years, and I look forward to working with him in order to support our rural communities, capitalize on economic opportunities, and get our state moving in the right direction.”
- Preserving the agriculture sales tax exemption on inputs, which reflect market practices of surround states with similar exemptions.
- Diversifying our economy and placing an emphasis on recruiting businesses to Oklahoma that can add value to our commodities produced right here in Oklahoma.
- Becoming Top Ten in infrastructure and government efficiency, a goal which will include making sure our county officials have the resources they need to complete rural infrastructure projects.
- Improving access to rural healthcare by cutting government red tape, giving healthcare professionals more flexibility and recruiting doctors and nurses to rural areas.
- Protecting the 60% threshold for ad valorem tax bonds.
- Protecting private property rights and landowner’s rights.
- Protecting farmers and ranchers from out of state animal rights groups, as no one raises food and fiber better than Oklahoma’s agriculturists.
Congressman Lucas serves as the U.S. Representative for Oklahoma’s 3rd congressional district. He has represented the interests of his Oklahoma constituents in Washington D.C. since 1994.